I have been managing in house Linux, mac and Windows servers for various clients for years . different clients need different features with low cost .
After introducing myself into the world of Cloud Storage , I am doing SaaS and cloud storage effectively. I prefer doing cloud storage in local geographic locations as it becomes hard to get initial data of 500GB offsite.
these are the benefits of cloud computing i have found
- Maintain easy access to your information with minimal upfront cost. Pay as you go (monthly or yearly), based on demand.
- There’s no need to spend big money on hardware, data center, software or licensing fees.
- Stretch and grow without the need to buy expensive software licenses or programs. (normal cloud SaaS license is something like 1-5 users)
- You can change direction without serious “people” or “financial” issues at stake. – that improve flexibility
- You have access anytime, anywhere, making your life so much easier! (as long as you are online)
- increase volume output or productivity with fewer people. Your cost per unit or project
- Software updates and renewals are also handled by the cloud vendor and occur several times a year at no cost to the customer.
- on-premise solutions require 2-3 years to implement but cloud solution will only take 2-3 months. Not only is implementation time reduced, but the IT resources required to roll-out cloud solutions are much less.
- With cloud deployments, capacity and location planning are no longer in the hands of the customer, but are the responsibility of the cloud vendor. This allows companies to respond quickly to any business changes that may arise unexpectedly
- SECURITY: One of the top concerns of cloud skeptics is the fear of sacrificing data security when allowing company data to exist outside the internal firewall. well with proper Encryption methods, user policies and regular security audits. So no more worrying about lost laptops with confidential data and hacking threats.
- Since all your data is stored in the cloud, backing it up and restoring the same is relatively much easier than storing the same on a physical device.
www.soleclouds.com and SaaS service on www.radonit.com